LOCO is proud to host Buy Local Week (Dec 2-8) in the City of Vancouver and the Province of British Columbia! Buy Local Week is a celebration of local retailers, products, entrepreneurs and communities during the holiday season. Visit our member’s page and find great local businesses near you. Why Buy Local this holiday season? find unique gifts, triple the impact of your charitable giving, create local jobs, reduce your environmental footprint, support your community, meet your neighbours and and most of all…have fun!
How Can You Participate?
Write a holiday card to your favourite local business to win over $5000 in prizes including weekend getaways to Tofino and Whistler. Brought to you by The Tyee and Vancity. Enter to win here. Recognize your local impact. Did you know a 1% increase in consumer local shopping creates 3100 jobs and $94 million in wages for BC workers? Check out these facts and more by downloading LOCO’s Buy Local Infographic.
Attend Buy Local events happening across the Province
- Mob the Drive Join us for food, entertainment, activities and prizes while you shop The Drive on Saturday, Dec. 7. Hosted by Vancity and the Commercial Drive Business Society
- Light Up the Heights The Burnaby Heights Merchants Association invites community members and friends to celebrate with us at our sidewalk festival on Saturday, Dec. 7
- Visit local craft fairs and farmer’s markets. You can find a list of these events on LOCO’s event calendar.
Support local businesses
Find out about unique Local Businesses in our feature section in the Province Newspaper on Dec 1st.
- Plenty of ways to keep local
- Our local economy cleans up when we back our local businesses
- Big names are big on homegrown quality
- Celebrate Buy Local Week
Get the perspective of local business owners.
Local businesses owners share reasons why buying local is important to them in this video.
Buy Local Week in the News
Metro News: Buy Local This Holiday Season, Vancouverites
Business in Vancouver: Buy Local Week Steers B.C. Shoppers Away From the Mall
BC Business: Buying Local Beyond Black Friday
hello vancity: Buy Local Week Kicks off with LOCO BC Media Tour
Vancouver Observer: Buy Local Week Shopping Tips for the Holiday Season
Vancouver Is Awesome: Weekly GoodBomb: Buy Local Week 2013
Cowichan Valley Citizen: Shopping Locally Increases The Local Wealth
Whistler Pique: Shopping Local Will Keep Business Strong